Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring at the Getty,LA- with the family.



I LOVE the Getty, LA.  They are having a special viewing of " The Women in Blue Reading a Letter" 
This will only be there until the end of March. So ...of course ...I HAD to make it over to the Getty to see this beautiful painting, on loan from Amsterdam.
I studied this when I was in art school and never thought I would see it. I think that is why I was filled with emotion when I got to see it in person. 
 It was smaller than I had imagined, still thrilling.

The light is coming from a window you can't see, but you know is there! I wonder what she is so intent on reading? 






The MOST famous painting at the Getty is the , Irises, by Vincent van Gogh 1889
Ballet Dancer-  Edgar Degas 
Waiting- Edgar Degas, about 1882

The Milliners- Edgar Degas

Young Italian Women at a table- Paul Cezanne , French about 1895

title unknown- La Promenade- Renoir- 1841-1919


Wheatstacks,snow effect, morning- Claude Monet, French Impressionist-1891

The Portal of Rouen Cathedral in the morning light- Claude Monet-1894
" Everything changes, even stone" -Claude Monet
Spring- 1894- Laurence Alma-Tadema  1836-1912

beautiful detail
View of the Grand Canal and the Dogana- Bernardo Bellotto- about 1740
Rembrandt

The BEST part of the trip was being able to spend time with my children and husband. We made a day of it. Church, with my husband and daughter singing " The Prayer", lunch, Getty and dinner. Perfect day!!


Byron and Rachel Talbott
  If you don't want to be a grump...make it to the Getty, LA
The gardens, surrounded by water!

No comments:

             I love having flowers in my gardens. They attract bees, butterflies, other pollinators and some flowers actually repel the unwa...