Saturday, May 5, 2012

 PETER AND THE WOLF- Fun music lesson!
This is my favorite unit to teach my students. I take a few weeks to teach the 4 families of the orchestra and the instruments. The teachers will have the students color the page with the characters of Peter and the Wolf and put sticks on them , making them into paper puppets. THEN we watch my favorite animation of "Peter". Children REALLY get into this!






We make paper puppets and keep in this little folder. Great idea from one of
my teachers. Then we take them out,place in front of us and watch the cartoon.
They will hold up the  characters as they hear the instrument corresponding to the
character. ( template below)




The characters of Peter and the Wolf, finished!

Close up of the Peter and the Wolf  board.



Click on worksheet ,drag to desk top to copy. Color, cut, put sticks on!

Peter-strings   Grandpa-bassoon  Bird -flute    Hunters-drums
Duck-oboe
    Cat-Clarinet   Wolf-French horns
NOW we watch the Disney animation  with out puppets! Made in '52 and still great!


Zin! Zin! Zin! a Violin
A great book to tell about the families of the orchestra, by Lloyd Moss, Illustrated by Marjorie Priceman.
Thanks for coming by.
 For AFTER SCHOOL lessons go to my YOU TUBE channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AvahHam

No comments:

             I love having flowers in my gardens. They attract bees, butterflies, other pollinators and some flowers actually repel the unwa...