Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Excited for Spring planting.

        I was talking to a friend on the phone and she told me that the discount store Big Lots, has planting supplies already. I like to get them before the inexpensive places sell out. SO ...I took a trip to the store and found a gold mine of goodies. I compared the prices to Target and on line store and it was SO much less money. I will plant in the starter pots in  March some time. I can put them in the ground in April or end of March.



I bought different size pots.
                                                 
      The seed starter on the bottom shelf shown here are plastic with 72 cells!! It comes with a humidity dome, greenhouse like, to help keep the moisture and heat in. This was only $4.50. I saw a smaller one at Target for triple that cost!! All I need is dirt,water and some sun.
 I like the pellet type of planters because I won't need dirt. I just can grow the plants and put them in the ground. Easy!
 I will use these pots too...extra bonus ....they are organic!!


Just in case you need a new one. The hoses were a great price!

      The special pots that grow herbs and strawberries look fun. I have never used them before. I will try and see how it goes. I will keep you posted. If you have used these before leave a comment. I am curious on how good these work.

No comments:

             I love having flowers in my gardens. They attract bees, butterflies, other pollinators and some flowers actually repel the unwa...